The Plane Power AL24-F60C FAA-PMA approved Alternator is a direct replacement for Ford
24/28 volt, 60 amp Alternators
typically installed on Cessna Aircraft with Lycoming Engines.
The Plane-Power AL24-F60C should be consider as a direct replacement for the following:Cessna Part Number: C611503-0102Cessna Part Number: 1570213-7
Please use the "Application" to see if your planes model is listed.
The Plane-Power AL24-F60C is FAA-PMA approved for installation on the following:
Cessna182P, 182Q, 182R, T182180J, 180K188, 188A, 188B, A188, A188A, A188B, T188CU206E, U206F, U206G, TU206E, TU206F, TU206G207, T207210K, 210L, 210M, 210N, 210R, P210N, P210R, T210K, T210L, T210M, T210N, T210R
Instructions For Continued AirworthinessAnnual / 100 hour inspections
- Disconnect aircraft battery.
- Install alternator per included drawing.
- Refer to appropriate engine and airframe service manuals for belt tension and bolt torques.
- Install battery wire with MS25171-2S terminal nipple on 6mm output terminal and torque to 50 in. lb.
- Install ground wire to any of the three 5mm studs on rear of alternator and torque to 35 in. lb.
- Install field wire with MS25171-1S terminal nipple to F1 terminal on rear of alternator and torque to 20 in. lb.
- NOTE: F2 terminal to remain grounded with ground strap UNLESS aircraft voltage regulator is a type "A" regulator using a 2-wire field circuit, in this case remove and discard ground strap from F2 terminal and connect wiring from voltage regulator to F1 and F2 terminals, torque to 20 in. lb.
- If aircraft is equipped with an "alternator out light" circuit, connect that wire to the AUX terminal and torque to 20 in. lbs. Other wise leave AUX terminal open.
- Reconnect aircraft battery.
- Start aircraft and check alternator output for proper operation.
5 year or 1,000 hour intervals
- Remove drive belt and turn alternator rotor to check condition of bearings for abnormal noise or roughness.
- Repeat: Annual / 100 hour inspection.
- Remove field brush assembly and inspect brushes for excess wear. Replace brush assembly if brushes extend less than .250" from edge of brush holder case.