Plane-Power AL24-F60 FAA-PMA Alternator - C611503-0102
The Plane Power AL24-F60 FAA-PMA approved Alternator is a direct replacement for Ford
24/28 volt, 60 amp Alternators
typically installed on Cessna Aircraft with Lycoming Engines.
The Plane-Power AL24-F60 should be consider as a direct
replacement for the following:Cessna Part Number: C611503-0102
Please use the "Application" to see if your planes model is listed.
The Plane-Power AL24-F60 is FAA-PMA approved for installation on the following:
Cessna152, A152172M, 172N, 172P172RG177RGR182, TR182 182P, 182Q, 182R, T182
Instructions For Continued AirworthinessAnnual / 100 hour inspections
- Disconnect aircraft battery.
- Install alternator per included drawing.
- Refer to appropriate engine and airframe service manuals for belt tension and bolt torques.
- Install battery wire with MS25171-2S terminal nipple on 6mm output terminal and torque to 50 in. lb.
- Install ground wire to any of the three 5mm studs on rear of alternator and torque to 35 in. lb.
- Install field wire with MS25171-1S terminal nipple to F1 terminal on rear of alternator and torque to 20 in. lb.
- NOTE: F2 terminal to remain grounded with ground strap UNLESS aircraft voltage regulator is a type "A" regulator using a 2-wire field circuit, in this case remove and discard ground strap from F2 terminal and connect wiring from voltage regulator to F1 and F2 terminals, torque to 20 in. lb.
- If aircraft is equipped with an "alternator out light" circuit, connect that wire to the AUX terminal and torque to 20 in. lbs. Other wise leave AUX terminal open.
- Reconnect aircraft battery.
- Start aircraft and check alternator output for proper operation.
5 year or 1,000 hour intervals
- Remove drive belt and turn alternator rotor to check condition of bearings for abnormal noise or roughness.
- Repeat: Annual / 100 hour inspection.
- Remove field brush assembly and inspect brushes for excess wear. Replace brush assembly if brushes extend less than .250" from edge of brush holder case.
Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts have been made to ensure all information on this website is accurate, SkyGeek.com and Styles Logistics, Inc. do not assume responsibility for any errors or omissions. All specifications, illustrations, data and prices are subject to change without notice.
24/28 volt70 amp*Weight: 9 Pounds, 12.8 OuncesWarranty: 2-Year Limited
*Aircraft electrical system will be limited by existing wiring and output breaker not to exceed 60 amps. The Plane-Power alternator can produce all 70 amps if proper size wiring and circuit breaker is installed and approved.