LOCTITE Fixmaster 2000° Putty is an extreme temperature repair putty that withstands environments up to 1,093°C (2,000°F).
2000° Putty is not for sealing engine block or cylinder head coolant leaks.
2000° Putty is an environmentally non-toxic, water based compound which is non-flammable and contains no solvents or volatile compounds.
Boiler doors and casings. Exhaust stacks. Defective molds, crucibles and dies. Flanges. Sagger plates. Refractory bricks and ceramic tiles. Automotive exhaust application: headers, manifolds, catalytic converters, exhaust ports.
- Success with 2000° Putty depends upon proper bond to the substrate. Abrading, cleaning, and drying the surface will promote proper adhesion to the affected surface.
- Mix contents thoroughly using a spatula as some settling may have occurred.
- Apply 2000° Putty to a maximum thickness of 0.95 cm (3/8"). Cracks and holes greater than 0.95 cm (3/8") thickness should be repaired using expanded mesh or screen. First apply 2000° Putty, then form the screen and apply a second coat of 2000° Putty to embed the screen completely.
- Air-dry 2000° Putty for 5-7 hours. Heat cure is not required if operating temperature exceeds 204°C (400°F), otherwise, heat cure at 93°C (200°F) for 3 hours.
- This product will shrink slightly when cured. Allow enough material for shrinkage.
- Do Not Apply To Hot Surfaces! Rapid evaporation of the material will entrap bubbles in the products and create voids affecting the performance of the product. Warm surfaces are preferred.
- Putty may be drilled, tapped, and machined after it is fully cured.