Henkel 142495 LOCTITEŽ SI 5368 Black Acetoxy Silicone - 310 mL Cartridge
Material Safety Data Sheet
Loctite 5368 acetoxy silicone is a sealant that can also be used for bonding and high temperature protection. It can be used in automotive applications, household electrical appliances, and aeronautics. Typically it is used in temperatures up to 250o
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
- Bond surfaces should be free of dirt, grime, and grease. Use on a clean surface for best results.
- Moisture curing will begin immediately after the product is exposed to the atmosphere. Parts to be assembled should be mated within a few minutes after the product is dispensed.
- The bond should be allowed to cure before subjecting to heavy service loads (seven days).
- Wipe away excess material with non-polar solvents.
Store product in unopened container in a dry location. Optimal storage: 8-21o
Pilatus PN/Spec#: 910.42.12.126
Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts have been made to ensure all information on this website is accurate, SkyGeek.com and Styles Logistics, Inc. do not assume responsibility for any errors or omissions. All specifications, illustrations, data and prices are subject to change without notice.
- One-component acetoxy silicone sealant or adhesive
- Made for various bonding and sealing applications such as seam sealing and structural bonding
- Can also be used for high temperature protection
- Does not require mixing
- Black-colored with paste consistency
- Room temperature vulcanizing (RTV) cure
- Becomes tack-free within 5 minutes with atmospheric moisture exposure
- Typically used in applications up to 250 degrees Celsius
Silicone Chemical Type:
Acetoxy silicone Appearance (uncured):
Black paste Components:
One component - requires no mixing Cure:
Room temperature vulcanizing (RTV) Application:
Bonding or Sealing TYPICAL PROPERTIES OF UNCURED MATERIAL
TYPICAL PROPERTIES OF CURED MATERIAL
|Specific Gravity @ 20 °C||1.04|
|Extrusion Rate, g/min:|
Pressure 0.6 MPa, temperature 25 °C:
3 mm Nozzle
|Flash Point - See MSDS|
Cured for 1 week @ 25 °C / 50ą5% RH and 0.5 mm gap Physical Properties:
|Tensile Strength, ASTM D 412|
|Tensile Modulus, ASTM D 412|
|Elongation, at break, ASTM D 412, %||435|
|Shore Hardness, ISO 868, Durometer A||26|
|Dielectric Constant , IEC 60250:|
|Dielectric Breakdown Strength, ASTM D 149,|
|Volume Resistivity, IEC 60093, Ωˇcm||2×1015|