CorrosionX® Aviation Corrosion Inhibitor
Your plane is your baby, so naturally you want to protect it from any ugliness that lurks out there. Corrosive elements such as rain water can cause rust and decay, transforming your aircraft from a shiny bird into a mangy, crusty shadow of its former self. CorrosionX aviation corrosion inhibitor (80102) to the rescue! By treating your plane's exterior with CorrosionX, you'll prevent ugly corrosion and will save yourself costly repairs and replacements. Quality aviation corrosion prohibitors are a small investment that can have a big return. Are you wondering where to buy CorrosionX? Right here at SkyGeek, of course!
CorrosionX corrosion inhibitor features cutting-edge Polar Bonding and Fluid Thin Film Coating (FTFC) technology, which displaces moisture and stops corrosion on contact for long-lasting protection. It's made in the U.S. and complies to military standard MIL-PRF-81309F Type II. This tough military-approved formula has a sweet, gentle side. How so? It's non-flammable, non-toxic and non-carcinogenic. It won't harm your airframe or the environment, as it contains just a fraction of volatile organic content (VOC) that are found in competing products. Do serious harm to corrosion while being kind to your plane and the environment with CorrosionX.
FeaturesCompatibility with Materials
- Rubber: No visible effect on Buna-N, Viton or Neoprene products. Slight swelling and/or softening of butyl rubber items.
- Adhesives and Sealants: Usually no effect but some adhesives may soften and sealants with silicone may experience slight swelling. Recommend a small test sample prior to widespread application.
- Painted Surfaces: Paints typically used on aircraft, automobiles and machinery are unaffected by CorrosionX. Polishes and some wax coatings may soften by the application of any hydrocarbon product.
- Plastics: CorrosionX is compatible with most commonly-encountered plastics such as: Acrylic, Polyester, Nylon, Vinyl, Delrin, Teflon, Formica, Polyethylene and Polypropylene. Should there be any question when other types of plastics are involved, it is suggested a small sample be tested.
- Fabrics: CorrosionX will be absorbed into the fibers of most fabrics, thereby creating slight staining. The stain is not permanent and may be removed with naphtha or mineral spirits.
- Color: Brown
- Appearance: Clear
- Odor Fresh: Scent
- Volume Solids: >90%
- Film Thickness: 0.0004" in typ.
- pH: NA
- Specific Gravity @ 15.6°C: 0.880
- Vapor Pressure @ 38°C: 1mm Hg.
- Viscosity, cSt @ 40°C: 47.3
- Viscosity, cSt @ 100°C: 7.0
- Solubility in Water: Slightly Emulsifiable
- Boiling Point: >200°C
- Flash Point c.o.c.: >132°C
- Weight per Gallon: 7.1 lbs.
- Storage: Bulk: Store at room temperatures (50oF or more). Aerosols not more than 120oF.
- Shelf Life: Bulk: Indefinite (as long as container remains capped). Aerosols: 3 years
- MIL-PRF-81309F Type II
- Boeing Part No.: RMO 16679
- Pratt & Whitney Part No.: PWC15-011
- Cessna Spec: CSNPO38, Type 9A