The CherryMax H782 two-jaw offset pulling head is recommended for use with the following riveters
- G747 (2200 lbss force; 7/16" stroke)
- G704B (3100 lbs. force; 1/2"stroke)
- G746A (1850 lbss force; 7/8" stroke)
- G800 (4200 lbs. force; .78" stroke; hand powered)
Other riveters may be used with proper adapters.
Stroke: Up to 3/4"
Installs the following products with nosepiece 7820456 provided:
- CherryMax -4, -5 & -6
- CherryMax? AB -4, -5 & -6 (except -6 aluminum)
- Blindbolt "S" type -04 & -05
- MBC Lock Creator -4, -5 & -6
** Additional nosepieces are available for the installation of CherryMax? "AB" (-6 aluminum), CherryLock? "A" code (-3, -4, -5 & -6), Blindbolt "U" Type (-05), Standard MBC (-4, -5 & -6) and 3/32" SPR and Pull Through Nut Plate Rivets (-3).
- Attach riveter to an air source (except G-800)
- While holding the Carrier pushed forward, thread the pulling head onto the riveter; when threads are bottomed out, unthread up to 1 turn in order to achieve the desired operating head orientation.
- Lock into position by tightening the Jam Nut.
Caution: Do not use thread locker on Adaptor and Jam Nut threads.
Before operating tool, make sure that:
- Pulling Head is correctly mounted on the proper riveter
- Proper Air source is connected (see Riveter specification for recommended pressure).
- Make sure that the proper Nosepiece is used and that it is in good working condition.
- DO NOT OPERATE WITH A DAMAGED OR MISSING DEFLECTOR, HIGH VELOCITY STEMS MAY BE EJECTED DURING OPERATION!
- KEEP YOUR FINGERS OFF THE ACTIVE AREA, ESPECIALLY IN FRONT OF THE RETRACTED CARRIER WHEN THE TOOL IS ACTIVATED.
- Inspect the active area of the nosepiece regularly.
- Keep the tool clean, especially the nosepiece and jaws; pay special attention when sealants and adhesives are used.
- If stem slippage occurs, clean or replace the jaws
- Should a stem get stuck, use pliers to remove it; if it is a persistent problem, inspect and replace the spring