Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a toxic, odorless, and tasteless gas produced by the incomplete combustion of gasoline, kerosene, natural gas, butane, propane, fuel oil, wood, coal, and other fossil fuels. Dangerous levels of CO can be produced by internal combustion engines or from any poorly vented or improperly adjusted fuel-burning appliance. Exposure to CO may cause sickness, headaches, or even death.
This Carbon Monoxide Detector can save a pilot's life, especially when flying with the heater on, by warning of the presence of CO in the cockpit-the spot will turn gray/black when CO is in the air. The spot on the detector returns to normal color after it is exposed to fresh air.
You can use this CO-DETECTOR as your personal and portable CO detection device. With the adhesive back, stick it on the panel or dash for a semi-permanent installation, or wear it on an ID badge or on a lanyard. Uses include:AirplanesCarsFuel TrucksGrass Cutting EquipmentTugsCampersAnd More!
Useful life is 90 days once opened.
The reaction on the Carbon Monoxide Detector varies with carbon monoxide concentration and humidity levels. Reaction time is slightly faster when damp and slightly slower when dry.
At 50 PPM (parts per million) there will be a clear reaction within 30 minutes at a relative humidity of 55%.
At 100 PPM there will be a clear reaction within 10 minutes at a relative humidity of 65%.
At 200 PPM there will be a clear reaction within 4 minutes at a relative humidity of 65%.