If you've seen seam sealant where it doesn't belong on your aircraft, it's going to have to leave the premises. But how do you do it without causing harm to the paint or an undercoat or to the applied area? And how do you remove the gunk if it rests in tight places?
By getting a hold of 3M's SR Rotary Cutters and Radial Bristle Discs. These plastic precision devices effectively remove excess seam sealant without damaging the underlying surface. The discs and cutters are flexible, yet firm, gently whisking away excess sealant without breaking a sweat. Gently purring on the end of a #990 mandrel, you can drill away at an easy pace, removing the sealant little by little without the need for harsh solvents or chemical sealant removers. Chemical peelers can do more harm than good. Skip the chemicals and opt for 3M SR Rotary Cutters and SR Radial Bristle Discs instead to send unwanted sealant away.
Shop at SkyGeek for the best selection of 3M SR Rotary Cutters and 3M Radial Bristle Discs. You'll be impressed by our large selection of specialty products that are designed to tackle your toughest sealant situations along with our competitive prices.
- Cutters mount on a pneumatic right-angle drill with 1/4"-28 threads with recommended speed of 850-1,200 RPM only
- Bristle discs mount on the #990 mandrel straight or right angle pneumatic tool rated 10,000-12,000 RPM
- Bristle discs are conformable for areas that are hard to reach
- Primers are left intact which minimizes re-work
- For applications requiring plastic buttons, Roloc Plus Holder can be used