3M 051135-08088 Clear General Trim Adhesive 08088 - 18.1 oz Aerosol Can
Code: UN1950 | Class: 2.1 | Group: N/A - Details
Material Safety Data Sheet
|Not Applicable for this Product|
3M™ General TrimAdhesive is low VOC, clear, high strengthadhesive for bonding automotive materials such ascarpeting,jute pads,fabrics andplastics tometal and other surfaces. Has good heat and water resistance.
- All surfaces to be bonded must be free from dust, dirt, oil, etc., before application of the adhesive.
Clean with 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner.
- Remove cover and turn nozzle to desired spray pattern, printed
inside rim of can.
- Shake can well before each use and periodically during use.
- Hold can 3 – 7 inches away from surface and apply a light to
moderate coating of adhesive overlapping the spray pattern on
- Apply adhesive to one or both surfaces as desired. Applying to
both surfaces produces a much stronger bond and is
recommended whenever possible.
- Allow the product to dry between coats if multiple coats are
needed to provide sufficient adhesive for bonding. It is better to
apply multiple coats than to apply one heavy coat of product.
Most applications perform best with 3 coats of adhesive
- Allow the adhesive to dry until tacky but will not transfer when
touched (typically 1-15 minutes.
- Bond surfaces using firm, uniform pressure.
- After each use, invert the can and spray the product until no
more adhesive is expelled to purge the valve and dip tube.
- Excess adhesive and over spray may be removed using 3M 08984 General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner.
Disclaimer: While reasonable efforts have been made to ensure all information on this website is accurate, SkyGeek.com and Styles Logistics, Inc. do not assume responsibility for any errors or omissions. All specifications, illustrations, data and prices are subject to change without notice.
Lace spray pattern and controlled spray width
High strength performance
High heat resistance
Good soak in control, minimizing possibility of bleed through
Controllable direction and amount of adhesive applied
Excellent hold on a variety of materials
Able to be used in a variety of temperature environments
Minimal chance of visual bleed through on fabrics
Technician can apply adhesive in best amount/location for the job
Adhesive can be used for headliners, other heavier materials
Adhesive can be used in most areas of the automobile
Less rework because of stained fabric
Container: 18.1 oz. in aerosol can
Base: Synthetic Elastomer
Density g/ml (Appx.): 0.781 g/ml
Color: Mostly clear
Flash Point - °F: -40°F
Viscosity (CPS) Brookfield Viscometer RVF "4 @ 20 RPM
VOC (Appx.): 54.5%
Service Temperature - °F: -30° to 160° F
Solvent: Cyclohexane, Methyl Acetate
Propellant: Dimethyl Ether
3M Id: 60-9800-4516-9
GTIN(UPC/EAN): 0 00 51135 08088 7
Buyer's Part Number: 08088
Catalog Number: 8088