Have you ever noticed how many product descriptions are hard to understand? Don't you find that especially ironic when it pertains to communications products?
The Yaesu FTA-750L is a handheld VHF Transceiver/GPS. If you want to read a jigsaw puzzle of a description complete with jargon, examine the official FTA-750L Product Page.
But just in case you feel our description is too skimpy, here's some technical features of the FTA-750L you might enjoy:
• An integrated 66 Channel WAAS GPS receiver allows you to quickly store current position information as well as manually enter waypoints for reliable navigation. When a waypoint is activated the navigation screen conveniently displays a compass with bearing, course over ground, distance and speed information.
• GPS logging is possible and when activated automatically stores your position information at preset intervals. Backtrack if you prefer.
• Receiving a VOR signal, its display will automatically switch to the Navigation band screen, with CDI (Course Deviation Indicator) based on the received VOR signal.
• The menu is easy to operate; configure with the help of an icon driven system. Can anyone say, “Intuitive interface?"
• Monitor data input thanks to a huge 1.7" x 1.7" full dot matrix LCD display (160 x 160 dots) with full backlight and dimmer.
• This transceiver can store up to 200 memory channels. Name them using up to 15 alphanumeric characters per name for quicker retrieval.
• Channel configurations are PC re-programmable; simply use the supplied USB programming cable and the optional YCE01 programming software.
EVEN MORE FEATURES
Five(5 )Watts TX Output Power
ILS Navigation Display (Localizer and Glide Slope)
VOR Navigation Display
GPS Position Logging
NOAA Weather Channel Receive (U.S.A. Version Only)
NOAA Weather Alert (U.S.A. Version Only)
Back-lit Keypad and Display
Water Protection – IPX5 Rating
Loud Audio (800 mW)
High-Capacity Li-Ion Battery Pack (7.4 V 1800 mAh)
Alkaline Battery Tray (AA x 6)