While we can't insulate you from life's difficult moments, we can definitely help insulate the electronics in your aircraft from moisture. Dow Corning® 4 electrical insulating compound, available in a 5.3-ounce tube, has a grease-like consistency that provides many protective benefits for your electronics. Made from a silicone compound, Dow Corning 4 contains polydimethyl silicone fluids with inert silica filler. In addition to superior dielectric properties, it also effectively repels water and is oxidation resistant.
Dow Corning 4 can be hand-applied by wiping or brushing. It can also be used with specially made automatic equipment. However, be advised that certain grease guns might not work properly with silicone compounds. Test before applying with a grease gun. This electrical insulating compound provides a moisture proof seal and lubricant for cable connectors, battery terminals, rubber and plastic O-rings, rubber door seals, switches and assemblies with metal and plastic or metal and rubber combinations.
- High dielectric strength
- Moisture and water resistant
- Good thermal oxidation
- Good chemical stability
- Low volatility; odorless
- Maintains grease-like consistency from -40 to 392 degrees Fahrenheit (-40 to 200 degrees Celsius)
- Adheres to ceramics, plastics, rubber, insulating resins and dry metals
- Meets requirements for SAE AS 8660, FDA 21 CFR 175.300 and is certified to NSF 51 and 61
Meets the following requirements:
- SAE AS 8660
- FDA 21 CFR 175.300
- Certified to NSF 51 and 61