Shopping for a new Ameri-King AK 451? You've come to the right place! The Ameri-King AK 451 is a 406 MHz ELT approved by:
European EASA ETSO'd
It transmits 406 Satellite and 121.5 MHz frequencies, and accuracy for ground search is between 1 and 3 kilometers. Transmitting on the 406 MHz Satellite and 121.5 MHz frequencies ensures that your distress signal reaches the right search team at the right time so you can rest assured that help is on the way. The Ameri-King 451 is undoubtedly your best choice for fast and accurate transmissions. Let SkyGeek make your flight safe, pleasant and worry free!
Note: It is required that every 406 ELT be registered by the aircraft owner after installation, re-registered every two years, and re-registered if there are any changes to information provided to NOAA in a previous registration, such as telephone numbers, aircraft registration number, change of owner, etc.
Every 406 ELT is programmed at the factory with a unique identification code used by the Rescue Coordination Center to determine if an emergency has actually occurred. This identifier is called the 15-Hex ID. It is located on the front label of the ELT. This unique identifier is stored in a database maintained by NOAA. It can then be accessed to contact the owner in the event of an ELT activation. Registration is free, and can even be done via the Internet on the NOAA website at: www.sarsat.noaa.gov, or at www.beaconregistration.noaa.gov.
This 406 Mhz ELT is programmed for USA Registered Aircraft. If your plane is registered in any country other than the United States we will need a 406 Mhz ELT Programming Data Sheet completed Click Here to Download
Overall Rating for Ameri-King AK 451 406 MHz ELT - Dual w/Whip & Port Antenna
|(based on 1 review)| easy to install and works great.
By Telton from Huntsville, Al. on December 10, 2012
Pros:flexability, mobility, compact, and, lifesaving.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Ameri-King AK 451 406 MHz ELT - Dual w/Whip & Port Antenna
Retrofit instructions from AK-450 to aK-451
Old Model No.: AK-450-(AF)(AP), ELT 121,5/243 MHz, FAA TSO C91a approved.
New Model No.: AK-451-(AF)(AP), ELT 406/121,5 MHz, FAA TSO C126/91a approved.
- Swap the followings items: ELT with mounting tray; Antenna with Coaxial Cable; Remote Switch Unit with Buzzer.
Register with NOAA (or IBRD) (or National) via on line, or mailing the Registration Form using the provided pre-stamped envelop.
- Note 1: All mounting holes and cut out holes are exactly the same.
- Note 2: Wiring Harness, between ELT and Remote Switch Unit, is exactly the same i.e. Do not change the wiring harness. It is OK to use the existing AK-450 wiring.
- Note 3: Adding a new Buzzer to be mounted anywhere in the cockpit, i.e. Tie wrap into the aircraft Wiring Harness, or Fasten onto or behind the instrument Panel, or fasten on the Remote Switch Unit.
Quick Operation Check:
- Main Switch @ ON position: Same as the AK-450, except you will see the LED lights flashing and Buzzer sound (1 second ON, 4 seconds OFF), in lieu of steady ON. (This is to save Battery Power for the LED Lights and Buzzer).
- Main Switch @ ARM position: You will see the 2 LED lights illuminate and Buzzer sound, for 4 seconds, then extinguished.
- Wait for additional 20 seconds, then Press the ON Switch on the Remote Switch Unit, ELT swept Tone must be heard on the VHF Radio @121.5 MHz.
- The 2 LED lights flashing (1 second ON, 4 seconds OFF), synchronized with the Buzzer sound (1 second ON, 4 seconds OFF).
- Press the RESET Switch on the Remote Switch Unit.
- Leave the Main Switch @ ARM position at all times.
Your question might already be answered below, wouldn't that be a time saver!
If your question has not been answered below please click the "Ask a Question" button below, fill out the form, and one of our Geeks will answer it as quickly as possible.
Note: Our Geeks are available Monday-Friday 9AM to 5PM (EST) normal business days, to respond to your questions.
By James from Duluth,Mn. on January 16, 2012
what kind of batteries are installed and where can one find replacements.
By Customer Service on January 19, 2012
The Ameri-King battery pack has a 5 year useful life. Ameri-King recommends returning the ELT to them for for replacement. We do not offer a replacement at this time.