3M Aerospace AC-250 Class B-1/6 Fuel Tank & Fuselage Sealant
Create a lasting seal on the fuel tank and fuselage of your aircraft with the use of 3M Aerospace AC-250 Class B-1/6 fuel tank and fuselage sealant from SkyGeek. This easy-to-use compound is made up of two components and features a polysulfide-based formula. It works well for making quick repairs to aviation integral fuel tanks and fuselages. After mixing, the compound generates a spreadable, thixotropic paste. Easily apply the material to the surface area by using a spatula or extrusion gun. This fuselage and fuel tank sealant for aviation applications also exhibits excellent tooling properties.
Approvals, References and Specifications
Use InstructionsUSE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Holding the cartridge, grasp the dasher rod and pull back approximately one inch.
2. Insert the ramrod into the hollow of the dasher rod, break the piston loose, and inject about 1/3 of the contents into the cartridge.
Note: Do not inject all of the catalyst in one location. Distribute evenly throughout base material.
3. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all the contents of the rod are emptied into the cartridge. Remove the ramrod.
4. Mix for the required number of strokes (hand mixing) or for the required amount of time (machine mixing) indicated in the kit instructions.
5. When mixing is complete, remove bottom cap.
6. Pull the dasher rod back to the neck of the cartridge, grasp the cartridge firmly at the neck, unscrew the dasher rod and remove.
7. Screw the nozzle into the cartridge, insert into the extrusion gun and use as required. For hand extrusion, press the used dasher rod against the plunger to force the material from the cartridge.
Shelf life is 6 months from date of packaging, when stored at temperatures between 40°F and 80°F in its original container.