Place a tough protective layer on your aircraft with 3M Aerospace AC-730 Class B-1/2 corrosion inhibiting sealant from SkyGeek. This sealant comes in two parts, which, when combined, create a strong sealant that prevents rust and corrosion on aviation equipment. AC-730 is a non-chromated, manganese-cured sealant which is a highly effective corrosion inhibitor. It also resists many chemicals commonly found in the aerospace industry. Some of these include hydraulic fluids, petroleum products, jet fuel and aviation gasoline. Once mixed, the sealant compound can be applied to the desired surface with the use of a spatula, injection gun or extrusion gun. Rest assured that this sealant will continue to provide protection even through extreme temperatures, weathering and stress.
- Two-part, non-chromated, manganese-cured sealant cures quickly
- Highly effective corrosion inhibitor
- Resistant to hydraulic fluids, petroleum products, chemicals, jet fuel and aviation gasoline
- Mixed compound can be easily applied with a spatula, injection gun or extrusion gun
- Strong corrosion inhibition in extreme temperatures, weathering and stress
- Comes in many sizes, from 25-gram touch-up kits to 1-quart kits
- At least 9 months of shelf life when stored at temperatures below 80 degrees Fahrenheit
Read the AC-730 Class B-1/2 Technical Data Sheet.
Two Part Sealant:
1. Holding the cartridge, grasp the dasher rod and pull back approximately one inch.
2. Insert the ramrod into the hollow of the dasher rod, break the piston loose, and inject about 1/3 of the contents into the cartridge.
Note: Do not inject all of the catalyst in one location. Distribute evenly throughout base material.
3. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all the contents of the rod are emptied into the cartridge. Remove the ramrod.
4. Mix for the required number of strokes (hand mixing) or for the required amount of time (machine mixing) indicated in the kit instructions.
5. When mixing is complete, remove bottom cap.
6. Pull the dasher rod back to the neck of the cartridge, grasp the cartridge firmly at the neck, unscrew the dasher rod and remove.
7. Screw the nozzle into the cartridge, insert into the extrusion gun and use as required. For hand extrusion, press the used dasher rod against the plunger to force the material from the cartridge.
Pre-Mixed and Frozen
Mixed AC-730 Class B may be stored under refrigeration as follows: 15 days at -10 degrees F, 30 days at -40 degrees F. It is important to remember that freezing, storing and thawing procedures reduce application life. Also, frozen storage will reduce application life by varying amounts depending on the storage temperature and length of storage time. All aspects of storage, freezing and thawing should be planned carefully and it is not recommended to mix and freeze with less than ½-hour application time.
The shelf life of AC-730 Class B sealant is at least 9 months from date of packaging, when stored at temperatures below 80 degrees F in its original container.
Health and Safety Precautions
AC-730 Class B sealant is safe to use and apply when recommended precautions are followed. Before using this product, read and understand the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), which provides information on health, physical and environmental hazards, handling precautions and first aid recommendations.
An MSDS is available upon request. Avoid overexposure. Obtain medical care in case of extreme overexposure.